Kailash Kher Performs for the First Time in Pakistan

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Kailash Kher Performs for the First Time in Pakistan


Mostly we hear about Pakistani artists performing in India and seldom is the case vice versa. But this time it is the latter. In the new wave of sharing cultural bond with each other, Pakistan and India are looking to their artists to bridge the hearts. Kailash Kher had his first performance in Pakistan recently on Saturday in Karachi.

However, there are still signs of smooth sharing of the message of peace through music as previously, Euphoria, another famous Indian band had faced cancellation of their concert in Pakistan. Kailash Kher’s Lahore concert also met the same fate, but he was still able to perform in Karachi to amuse the audiences with his unique singing style and ability.

Expressing his feelings about the experience, Kailash said:

“I just can’t believe it – I’m in Pakistan. It’s such a beautiful place with such lovely people. I was overwhelmed by the welcome I got. My best moment was when I crossed the Wagah border. Mujhe itni nostalgic feeling ho rahi thi, kya bataun – jab border cross kiya, kuch minute ke liye laga ki I’m in my des. Wahi khet wahi log… bahut achha mahsoos hua. The only thing that struck me was that aged people were our porters on both sides of the border. I have a lot of respect for the elderly aur unko yeh karte hue dekh kar bada dukh mahsoos hua. At the same time, I was touched to see that they were so full of energy and smiling as they carried our luggage.”

Besides giving this social message of caring for the elderly, he clearly was overjoyed just to be present in Pakistan. He sang such songs as “Allah Ke Bande” and “Sanu Ek Pal”. Having had such a wonderful experience with his fans and music lovers in Pakistan, he is looking forward to visiting the country second time round and next time he wishes to perform for his Lahori fans.

No comments :

Post a Comment

 

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts